Saturday 4 June 2011

My car is leaking steering fluid after I had the break change?

I have a 1997 avalon with 80,000 mile on it. Last month I noticed that it was making a high pitch noise and stared vibrating when i drove over 60 mph. When I took it to the mechanic , he told me that the vibration has to to with the brakes and the disc/drum. and the noise was something in regard with the fluid had no where to go? So it cost me $1100.


Considering that since I have only put 50 miles on it and it has been sitting in the garage for the past 2 wks. I went to drive it yesterday and the steering wheel was impossible to turn and then I notived that there was a pile of fluid under the car and the steering fluid container was all empy. If any one has any idea please reply asap so I can be prepaied when I take it back. thanks|||More than likely your power steering unit is not working properly. if your leaking power steering fluid,check your lines going to the power steering box.check to see if any,or all the bolts are tite,if so..You;ll probably have to change the power steering box.|||Power steering is not related to the brake assembly but you need to have the vehicle looked at by someone that is more trustworthy than the people that ripped you off for your brakes.The possibilities are rack and pinion,Power steering pump, pressure and return lines. Any of these can be expensive according to who gives you an estimate. Once your given an estimate, call another shop and ask their price for the repair so you can compare. I%26#039;m not endorsing them, but try Pep Boys for a comparison, you might be surprised|||$1100 for brakes is insane. So right off the bat I would not trust that guy.





Not sure how you can prove that is their fault. They are not related issues. Go to a different Mech and consider it a learning experience.|||well to start, do not use the same guy again. he lied. It was your power steering. It might be something as simple as the hoses. but probably your pump went out. depending on the vehicle, it might be able to replace it your self.|||make sure ur steering fluid lines aren%26#039;t cracked or damaged