Saturday 4 June 2011

Ok, what would make my break fluid dissapear?

I took a long 350 mile trip to grandparents house for Thanksgiving, before I left their house I made sure all the fluids were filled and stuff, including the break fluid. The next week I took my car (%26#039;97 Dodge Intrepid) to walmart to get the basic oil change. I told them to check all the fluids, and they told me everything was alright. Two days later when I%26#039;m about to go to college I notice that my breaks aren%26#039;t working correctly. I have to push really hard for anything to start to stop, and even then, I knew if I were going to go 70 mph and needed to stop suddenly, I could get in a wreck. Later that day my mom, boyfriend, and I am looking at the break fluid and it%26#039;s all gone! I moved the car, and looked under it and there is no wet spots on the ground.





They think that, somehow when I was pushing the breaks it all leaked out... HOW DO I FIX THIS?! (Besides the obvious fact to get a new car)|||Maybe the break fluid slowly leaked out. A (fairly cheap) thing to do would be to buy a new break fluid container that goes in your car. That might fix the problem. But if your not sure, then maybe you should have a shop to look at it.|||Take it to a repair shop and tell them what you have stated here. I%26#039;m sure they will be able to find the problem and repair it, too.


I must say this: Not everybody can be a %26quot;do it your-self fixer%26quot;! You really should let a real mechanic look at it and fix it. You might have your boy-friend find a leaking hose and fix it with duct tape, but with that kind of %26quot;fix%26quot;, you%26#039;ll be in deep do-doo, if suddenly you have no brakes in an emergency stop! And, going away to college really isn%26#039;t what you want to do, with faulty brakes! The first panic stop on unfamiliar roads will surely make the brakes fail, leaving you with more trouble than you would want at that time in your life!|||You could have a brake line broken or a leaking cylinder. Probably not going to be an expensive fix now, but get it done soon or you%26#039;ll have more damage, besides not being able to stop.|||I stole your brake fluid.


Want it back? Email me.


Just kidding, youve probably got a leak somewhere. Get it checked out promptly. There are dozens of places it could be leaking from. The most obvious is this, make certain that the cap where they pour the brake fluid in is on tight. If its loose it could be coming out of there. Then again it could be a leaking brake line, a leaking brake caliper, a leaking master cylinder-the list goes on.





Seriously though-there is no need to get a new car over this. Take it to a shop you can trust, or even better if you have a friend who is a mechanic and does work at their house take it to them. Its probably something basic-a small leak somewhere.|||If you look at the inboard side of each tire, I would bet you%26#039;ll find brake fluid on at least one of the tires.|||Brake fluid doesn%26#039;t %26quot;disappear%26quot; - it leaks out of the system. Usually, this is a broken, rusted or corroded brake line.


Do not drive this vehicle until repairs are made.|||well you don%26#039;t sound like you know anything about cars, take it to a shop