Wednesday 26 October 2011

99 Ford Contour SE, Flex Plate has to be changed?

Hi,

Got 2 jobs on my Contour.

1. Starter problems. Flex Plate has to be changed. Trans Fluid has to be replaced. Some teeths on fly wheel are broken.

2. Front Crank Seal has to be repaired for some oil leak.



Am being charged around 900 dollars in Central Jersey.



Please advise how good or bad it is.

(I deleted my previous post as I did not have these details.)
99 Ford Contour SE, Flex Plate has to be changed?
Thats good deal cause that is basically ripping the car engine out to do all that work due to it being a front wheel drive car its not like something you would reach down and take off I promise you its big mess Im mechanic but I do my own work and I don't tocuh front wheel transmissions.
99 Ford Contour SE, Flex Plate has to be changed?
Anytime you have to pull the tranny and engine, you are automatically looking at about $400. Then add all the parts and labor to fix your problems, and yes, you are getting a good deal. Fly wheel alone is a couple hundred.



I would only question why there are flywheel teeth broken? You don't want to put in a new one and have it ruined immediately. Just as long as the mechanic is sure he or you knows what happened there.