Friday 7 October 2011

Car trouble. 2001 kia spectra.?

i have a 2001 kia spectra automatic and my car always runs fine, this mornin my battery and break light came on but i thought it was nothing; a couple hours later i started up my car fine and was on my way to my friends house right down the street when all of a sudden it just shut off. my lights when off and my radio was turnin on and off and the accelorate was being outta control. i managed to roll into my friends driveway and i shut my car off and then it wouldnt start. her neighbor jumped it but as i was driving it home it was still doing the same thing. ive been meaning to get my transmition fluid changed for awhile seeing as its very dirty and was suppose to get it changed miles and miles ago but with such a busy schedule i havent had time. im not sure if i just need a new battery or if something else went terribly wrong.
Car trouble. 2001 kia spectra.?
you need an alternator. if is was just a bad battery the alternator would still be able to keep the car running after it was jumped since it is shutting off while driving this means the alternator is bad. but to be sure any reputable parts store will test both of them for free before you buy one or the other. this is nothing to do with your tranny fluid
Car trouble. 2001 kia spectra.?
Don't look at the tranny, look at the alternator/battery/charging system.
  • scans but repairs
  • web ftp hosting
  •