Friday 7 October 2011

When your water breaks, does it have to soak everything? Can it just make your underwear damp?

I have always had these leaking for the past 2 weeks -its clear and watery - got tested and they said it wasnt amniotic fluid. Well my underwear were damp just now so I changed them to see if they will be damp again...what is it making them damp? (Not soaked - just like if you would have leaked pee a little bit) It isnt pee either, because it doesnt smell. I am 38 weeks (just starting) and this is my third child.
When your water breaks, does it have to soak everything? Can it just make your underwear damp?
i was told it should feel like a dribbling liquid...it should fill a pantyliner about every hour or faster. also it should slow when you stand up (the baby's head acts as a stopper) however, with my little one she had her shoulder pushed up and whenever i stood up it let more out! i called the er and they said to come on in. they had me test it and then they admitted me...once your water breaks you only have 24 hours to get the little one out because it allows for more infection to possible get in. congrats and good luck
When your water breaks, does it have to soak everything? Can it just make your underwear damp?
ewwww. My underwear get damp after gym class sometimes.
It could be amniotic fluid, it could be pee or it could just be sweat. I've had the same thing and my doctor said that it wasn't. My bet is that it's probably just sweat. When your water breaks it can either be a small tiny leak or a gush. Just keep track of contractions and see if it stays wet.
if you see even a little bit of blood in it and start getting frequent contractions even if they dont hurt I think your ready
I remember in my last trimester I would get that feeling as well. It was a toss up between sweat, normal discharge and sometimes even a little urine leaks out if the baby is sitting on your bladder just right. Best of luck to you!
For every pregnancy it's different as well as for every woman too. Yes, it could very well start out leaking a little and then burst like a dam and everything will get soaked but good.

I suggest that you seek out your doctor right away just in case you may be in labor and God forbid something be wrong.

Better safe then sorry so please get to your doctor and he/she can know for sure.

Best of luck and go to your doctor now.
It's 'just pee' and you are 'getting enough water' so it doesn't 'smell like pee' ... and that is a 'very good thing' ... and if you don't like 'changing your panties' when you get 'damp' then start using a 'pad' to absorb that moisture. When your 'water breaks' you will KNOW IT ... because you'll feel 'less fat' suddenly, and there will be 'water' leaking down the insides of your legs ... although it doesn't always 'flood' you'll KNOW if your 'water breaks' before you are in the hospital ...
  • good tanning lotion
  • web development
  •