Friday 7 October 2011

Ethics question. Who do I get my car fixed by?

My Father-in-law's friend is a mechanic who offered to look at our car for free. Do a check ya know, and he said that it needs a power steering fluid flush and a break fluid flush. Now I totally trust the guy.. BUT.... he wants to charge us $391.00 for this service. I called the local place that changes my oil and they offered to do the same services for only $196.99. I trust them both, and don't think that my dad-in-law's friend is being dishonest, I just think that some places tend to charge more.... he is a NAPA certified auto mechanic... So the question is do I have him do it, since he offered to diagnose it for free, or do I take it to my guy who is about 200 bucks cheaper?
Ethics question. Who do I get my car fixed by?
Take the car to the shop that you trust and is much less expensive. Because the other mechanic is a friend of your Father in law, get him a $25 restaurant gift card, a bottle of whatever he drinks, or something else that he would enjoy as a thank you.



This will cure any guilt you may feel, and save you $168.
Ethics question. Who do I get my car fixed by?
Take the cheaper one. It is your money.
go to the cheaper guy..
In this economy I would say take it to the cheapest one.
Even tho he is a family friend you need to be conscious of your spending. Remember he is also trying to make money.



Maybe say you called around and found it can be done cheaper elsewhere. Ask him if he can meet that price or come close to it.



Good luck
  • curly braiding hair
  • channel
  •