Friday 7 October 2011

Maint Reqd on my Car Dashboard?

My car is a Salvage 2001 Honda Civic Dx Coupe 2 Door, I've been using the car for 1 year 6 months since we bought it and theres no problems with driving the car. I'm worried about this yellow coloured %26quot; Maint Reqd %26quot; on my dashboard.. It was already like this a year ago.. What type of maintenance should I do? We already changed oil few months ago and I don't know what else to do. I hope it's not the break fluid or something dangerous cause I'm really worried.. Someone please help... Thanks
Maint Reqd on my Car Dashboard?
It is an oil change reminder lamp. it is set for normal oil change service mileage. key off hold the trip meter down, turn key on at same time hold for 10 seconds. this will reset it. there is no button under the dash on a 2001 civic. it is not a light to tell you something is wrong. just an oil change reminder light.Any good oil change place will reset that for you every oil change.
Maint Reqd on my Car Dashboard?
sounds like theres a loose nut behind the wheel
Sounds like you have a honda ... This light is simply reminding you to do an oil change ... Set your trip meter to show the odometer, turn the key off, now press and hold the trip reset button, and turn the key on and wait for the light to go out... If this doesn't work, check the owners manual there should be a procedure
Maint. Required light rarely means check your fluids. It really is a check engine light. Which can indicate parts not functioning properly. Such as EGR valve, Oxygen sensor, Throttle position etc. You have to hook to an engine analyzer to find what is noy working properly.
No no, no loose nut lol. Wtf? Heres the deal. Maint. Reqd is a light on hondas that comes on every XXX amount of miles so you will take your into the dealer and have them check it out to see if it needs any maintenace. There is a way to reset it for free! Of course dealers DONT want you to know this, its how they real you in for 50 dollar oil changes lol.. On your civic I believe there is a button under the steering wheel that you press and hold it will reset it. Whenever you see the check engine light that is what is telling you there is an actual problem with your car. Google reset 2001 Maint Reqd Light it shouldnt be hard to find..