Friday 7 October 2011

Why would my car be doing this lately?

I took my car in for an oil change last week and he also talked me into getting my transmission fluid changed (1999 Toyota 4-runner 162K miles). He told me my battery was low but I didn't change that and he didn't really say I HAD to. So anyways from the next day on when I start my car, it literally shakes a lot and it's just so weird to feel it shaking as if it's about to stall and go dead if you know what I mean. If I drive faster I don't feel it anymore. Any ideas? Could it be the batteries are low and it shakes? Any way to check it? My nightmare is for my car to break down on the road. Please help!

------------

for fun these were the suggested categories for some reason:

* Family %26amp; Relationships %26gt; Marriage %26amp; Divorce

* Family %26amp; Relationships %26gt; Singles %26amp; Dating

* Family %26amp; Relationships %26gt; Friends

* Family %26amp; Relationships %26gt; Engagements %26amp; Weddings

* Arts %26amp; Humanities %26gt; Philosophy
Why would my car be doing this lately?
If the mechanic disconnected your battery to test it or clean the cables, the computer may have to relearn the idle speed. This happens automatically, all you need to do is drive with the AC and headlights off in stop and go traffic.

If that's not it and it keeps running rough, the mechanic may have left a spark plug wire loose if he checked to see if you needed a tune up. I'd go back to the shop and have them double check your motor. Is there a ses light on?
Why would my car be doing this lately?
%26quot;Could it be the batteries are low and it shakes?%26quot;



cars don't run on batteries dear :) he properly meant the fluid was low in the battery but I don't see how that would make the car shake
your car could be shaking because of the fuel injector. also, your transmission could be going bad, your battery beign low will not affect you when driving only when you try to start up your car. i would take it in to a shop and tell them it only shakes when in low gears but after it gets up to the 2 or 3, it's fine. sometimes though, they might not find one thing wrong with it...but i think it sounds like your fuel injector