Friday 7 October 2011

I have some white smoke coming out of my exhaust?

Ive read that if there is white smoke coming from the exhaust, it could be that the coolant is leaking into the engine. My car just started doing that about two days ago -- happens only occasionally, and the smoke isnt all that thick nor does it smell. I was hoping that it only happened directly after I started the engine, but its done it as well after I've driven the car for about ten minutes and then parked it, but kept the engine running. I'm not sure if its just vapor...there wss some fluid coming out of the pipe yesterday. I checked the level of coolant and it hasnt changed a bit. I talked to a mechanic who looked at it quickly and he didnt think it would be a problem, though he didnt see the smoke -- I live in Japan, so perhaps the problem was lost in translation. The car drives as it always has and there are no indications that it will overheat. any ideas? is it the coolant -- a broken gasket head? My car is an automatic sedan -- uses only unleaded fuel.
I have some white smoke coming out of my exhaust?
More than likely it is coming from you catalytic converter on exhaust system. Water does build up in this part of exhaust system. It is a by produce of what the converter does. Will do it more when you first start off than after you run for a while.

As long as your coolant does not go down you are ok with the head gasket stuff lol no problem there.

If Head gasket was bad you would also see car trying to over heat at times.
I have some white smoke coming out of my exhaust?
sounds like the cylinder head gasket - thats what happened to my car. Check your oil levels
It was my valve cover gasket.
Yup, probably a coolant leak , into the cylinders.
white smoke is usually nothing. what color is the fluid coming out of your tailpipe? as long as its not black, you should be fine. when my headgasket blew (86 subaru) the oil covver was loaded with a white foam, and the tailpipe was puking blue smoke. usually only black smoke is cause for worry
I think you're burning water. See a mechanic he could recommend something.
white smoke out the tall pipe is the first sign of a bad head gasket,
Sounds like the head gasket to me. While the car is running pull you dipstick. If it looks like chocolate milk it is definitely you head gasket.