Friday 7 October 2011

Considerable loss of power?

2007 Mitsubishi Lancer front wheel drive, 59000 miles, recent tune-up, breaks etc check, oil change, transmission fluid and filter change, all tires are at proper air pressure.

.

While on the way home from a 32 hour drive out west we noticed my car was losing power. RPM's rev up really high to the point I'm red-lining when shifting from 2nd to 3rd sometimes. Car shifts really hard, when I let off the gas slightly while going downhill I lost 10MPH immediately, going uphill (even on the smallest of inclines) is a chore, my car loses speed even-though I'm on the gas, have to floor it just to get it to go faster, no check engine lights on, took it to a transmission shop, engine shop, and even the dealership and its not showing any codes, no one seems to know whats wrong with it. Loss of power is not so noticeable at lower speeds (under 40MPH), car shifts harder (it kind of jerks when it decides to shift) at the lower gears (1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd and even shifts hard while downshifting)



Any ideas? Everyone I've took it to is stumped.
Considerable loss of power?
could be a stuck-up brake (or brakes) but that should be pretty easy to spot... hey, if the dealership is stumped, so would everybody else here i suppose...
Considerable loss of power?
check for restricted exhaust [cat]