Wednesday 26 October 2011

Fluid common out from area where wisdom teeth were take out?

i just had my wisdom teeth out on Wednesday or about 5ish days ago and i was masasing my jaw and cheek area and on the lower right side

were one of the teeth were take out a big thickish glob of what im guessing is blood other fluids unkown and maybe some scar tissue or cheek stuff came out and its really gross and now that area of the jaw isnt so swollen,



some info:

i had all 4 removed and they had not broken the skin yet and were stitched up shut,

i kept gause in for about 2 days and changed it frequently

i rinsed my mouth every once in awhile with salt water about 3 days after the surgary

i am 14 years and a girl



please help because im really freaking out
Fluid common out from area where wisdom teeth were take out?
I got mine taken out about 7 days ago. The same thing happened to me on sunday and I freaked out and called my dentist and he said it's perfectly normal and its a VERY good thing that it's happening. It means you are healing well. A reason why your cheeks get swollen in the first place is becuase there is a buildup of fluids. And so all of the fluids have to escape somehow. They either ending up coming out of the wound...or they gradually become taken away by your cells. The right side of my face got the 'puss in the mouth' one...and i know it tastes bad but its relaly good..but my left side hasn't done it yet. i hope it does though b/c then all my swelling would be gone and i'd feel a lot better.



but don't worry, you're healing VERY fast actually so I hope everything else goes well! keep up the cleanliness



*.*
Fluid common out from area where wisdom teeth were take out?
I got mine taken out and think it's normal. But why not call your doctors office just to ease your mind. :))