Friday 7 October 2011

Wobbly / Vibrating Car?

2007 Mitsubishi Lancer front wheel drive, 59000 miles, recent tune-up, breaks etc check, oil change, transmission fluid and filter change, front driver's side tire replaced day before Thanksgiving b/c of an air bubble, other tires are only 3 months old, alignment done 3 months ago also, all tires are at proper air pressure.



Out of nowhere my car shimmies and shakes and vibrates A LOT, at any speed, even while idling (vibration is not as bad while idling but worsens when moving but doesn't appear to get worse the faster I go). Just noticed this tonight. Feels almost like I'm driving on marbles / gravel even on really smooth roads. Can feel vibration though steering wheel and pedals. Almost feels like its the tires, but I'm just not sure. Not having any problem steering / navigating turns.



*Note: I am not a mechanic and will take my car to a shop to get it fixed, I'm just looking for suggestions on what it could possibly be.
Wobbly / Vibrating Car?
start by getting the tires re-balanced....even new tires when installed can be outa balance----or the tech mounting them doesn't know wtf he's doing and doesn't balance them properly----they did that on my truck.. if rebalancing doesn't fix it, then check the ball joints, and sometimes a worn CV will cause vibrations but only while moving.