Wednesday 21 September 2011

Had liquid discharge this morning, but it wasn't amniotic fluid.....?

I'm now 3 days past due with my last bundle of joy. I was told to go to the hospital as soon as my water breaks because I'm GBS positive. This morning while chasing my 17 month old around, I found a large amount of liquid discharge in my underwear as well as the pajama pants I was wearing. I went to the washroom %26amp; found that it wasn't my mucous plug - it actually looked like someone had tossed water at me. I changed my underwear %26amp; my pajama pants and attempted to go about my day until I realized half an hour later that it had occurred again. I called the Triage Desk at the hospital I'll be giving birth at and they asked me to come in immediately. Upon testing me, the nurse said it was not amniotic fluid, which means my water did not break. As it wasn't mucous-like, but was more like water, what else could this be???



Sorry, it was a really large amount. If you put your two fists together, that's how much it was. It had no colour, no smell. It was definitely not urine.
Had liquid discharge this morning, but it wasn't amniotic fluid.....?
i would just like to say, CONGRATS :)
Had liquid discharge this morning, but it wasn't amniotic fluid.....?
I'd suggest you try to go to your OB and get retested. Sometimes the amniotic fluid tests come back false negative (my experience!) and its not something you want to deal with, especially if you are GBS+.