Wednesday 21 September 2011

Would transmission flush on a 97' tiborun with 170k mileage cause transmission leakage and eventual break down?

My car is a 97 Tiburon with 170,000km. I brought it into canadian tire for a tune up and they suggested a transmission flush. When I got my car back the I noticed it was leaking much transmission fluid. They changed the seal and the pump, and forgot to put a piece in it turns out. They fixed it all up and put back the piece they forgot to do but I noticed that as I was driving it over the course of the next 2 months that something was getting worse and worse with my transmission.



A Copley days ago I was driving home and my car stopped shifting gears and now it turns out the transmission is dead. I have a feeling that it has something to do with the transmission flush but im not sure and would like the opinion of others on this. I have read other peoples comments on transmission flushes and they all ay do not do it to a car with high mileage, unfortunately the guys who flushed my transmission didn't tell me this. I ask anyone who see's this to post their opinion on what I should do. Thanks
Would transmission flush on a 97' tiborun with 170k mileage cause transmission leakage and eventual break down?
Yes, I see this time and time again. Trans Flushes will either Fix or make the problem worse. Chances are it made it worse in your case.
Would transmission flush on a 97' tiborun with 170k mileage cause transmission leakage and eventual break down?
sadly in higher milage cars the auto tranny is in some cases being held together with the sludge and goo that the flush removes so by flushing it they removed what little hope your tranny had of lasting another 80 to 100 k same thing goes for motors flush them late in their life and its bad and new ones shouldnt need it at all

proper maintnence and care is good enough