Wednesday 21 September 2011

MOT Passed but failed...?

Hello



I have a car, took it to a different MOT place over the summer, however the car failed on many things. I had to pay quite a lot to get my car fixed. I thought what it failed on was stupid, my breaks was brilliant, my lights was just fitted a week before via halfords. However when I got my car back, it was like a completely different car, it was like the breaks didn't work at all.



They replaced the breakpads, disks... I phoned up saying my breaks was brilliant before, what have you done, they are crap, it takes forever to stop at 30 (about 4 times as long as before). They said, just keep topping up with break fluid. So I did, but nothing much changed. However the roads was icey last week, and my breaks did not work at all, I ended up crashing. So I took it back to the MOT place I always been before, and they said and shown me, that the break pads and disks was not changed. they also showed me the lights was still the same as before and the worst thing, they had undone the break fluid pipes, this meant that if I didn't top up every so often with a bottle of break fluid (MOT place said its normal) this was due to massive leakage. You can see that it was done over a couple of months due to rusting.



I payed alot of money, I have a hand written receipt, and the MOT papers saying what they done, ect. I went back last week to the MOT place, asking for a copy of the receipt however there was no sign of the MOT on their computer system.



I am having the car completely checked over before I drive it again, just incase something else it wrong. however, what if they do this to alot of people? what can I do? can I get my money back?



this other MOT place, did not charge me for the fixing of the lights, breaks... and they are giving me a free MOT.



Please let me know, so I can take action asap. I think this place needs to be shut down?





I am unable to walk correctly, therefore can't drive, and I am writing this on behalf of someone who dose not know how to use a computer.
MOT Passed but failed...?
You need to contact Trading Standards and tell them everything that has happened and get the garaged that fixed the car separately to do you a report of what was wrong with the car as you are doing and and how much it was to fix.



I would also be going back to the original place and demanding to see the manager and either get a full refund plus cost to fix damage caused by accident OR tell him I would see him in the small claims court. Keep your copies of all receipts for evidence and follow what trading standards say.



Oh, and it's brakes not breaks.
MOT Passed but failed...?
Ring your local council and ask for trading standards. Also look up VOSA Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) www.dft.gov.uk/vosa they license MOT stations.
I had LOTS of issues with a MOT... I called VISO and they are VERY helpful they will check everything out for free for you