Saturday 24 September 2011

Smoke pouring out from behind car tire.?

I recently had to change a tire as it was flat and put the donut on the car. The flat tire looked as though it had been wearing unevenly. What aparantly caused the flat was what I would call dry rot as parts of the tire rubber had broken off and had stuck to the rim. In any case I drove the car the next day with the donut on the car and smoke began to come out from behind the donut tire as I was driving. I did not see anything obvious stick out at me such as leaking break fluid or excessive greese anywhere. The car is a 89 dodge dynasty and it is FWD. The only thing I really can think to suspect is the wheel bearing or possibly a stuck drum brake. The odor from the smoke did not smell like brakes. I have not taken the donut off and looked at the problem more closely just yet. Any suggestions?
Smoke pouring out from behind car tire.?
is the hand break is on ?

if you don,t press the gas paddle,does the car go by itself like 5 mile / hour ,or it stock ?
Smoke pouring out from behind car tire.?
Sounds like it is possibly the wheel bearing.
Wheel hub is going south on you. The tilt is possible an accident cause that bent the axle. Either case... take the hub apart and take a good look. It could be bearings, loose bearings, or might need a new hub / axle assembly.



By the way, did you had tires sticking out of the car? If so, that is one reason why cars looks in the way they are from factory. ;-)