Wednesday 21 September 2011

Leaking fluid at 29 weeks pregnant?

Ok, so I am 29 weeks pregnant. Last week I took a shower, got dressed and was blow drying my hair when I had a sudden gush of fluid...to the point that it came through my jeans. My first thought was that my water had broken. I changed my clothes and decided I'd wait to see if this gushing would continue as it normally would when water breaks...it didn't. I kind of wrote it off, didn't know what it was...didn't smell like urine or anything really...so it was just a mystery to me. But since then, I have noticed a different odor from down there...not stinky, but sweet... so sweet that I goggled it and found that amniotic fluid can have a sweet smell to it. I have noticed a watery discharge since that day I had the gush...but thought it was just normal pregnancy discharge.

It is 8:00PM here, do you think I need to call my OB right away, or is this something you think can wait until morning? I also have an OB appointment on Friday... I just hate to go to the ER...but if it is serious then obviously my baby comes first!



Any opinions would be helpful.



Thanks!
Leaking fluid at 29 weeks pregnant?
no it can not wait. I had the same thing happen at 27 weeks and it was my water. I immediately went to Labor and delivery and they ran a test on the fluid. It was my water and the IMMEDIATELY admitted me to the hospital. Once your water breaks you are in the hospital PERIOD. You are at risk for infection ad the baby is at risk because it's fluid is dramatically reduced. Baby is continuously making it's fluid, but you keep leaking out.



You need to be monitored and you need an IV as soon as possible!!!!! They also need to start you on steroids to mature the baby because let me tell you I developed complications within THREE days and my son was born at barely 28 weeks. He stayed int he hospital for three months. You need to get your stuff and leave NOW.
Leaking fluid at 29 weeks pregnant?
yes call asap!
I think you should call your OB.. good luck
I would call your OB, if it was and still is amniotic fluid the baby could be in danger as you need the amniotic fluid in there...so i would call