Saturday 24 September 2011

Last month I had my axel replaced on my car, this month I noticed transmission fluid leaking... I changed..?

the gasket around the Transmission pan and the filter inside the pan.... I cleaned the pan and NOTICED THERE WAS NO STEEL SHAVINGS INSIDE THE PAN (GOOD THING) well 2 days later my trans started leaking again... Since I couldn't fix the problem I took it to a Trans Shop to see what is the Problem,,,, they reported that:::: %26quot;Left Axel is loose where axel goes into transmission seal, and Possible worn parts inside transmission%26quot;%26quot;. I asked how much to repair he said allot 1,500-1,800 because they would have to take trans out, repair then re-install,,,, MY QUESTIONS ARE::: 1) Since the Axel is LOOSE at the trans Seal could this be causing the leak..... 2) How could worn parts be an issue with leaking notice I saw no Steel shavings in the trans pan...... 3) Is the place that replaced my axel at fault) 4.) weren't they supposed to check the seal to see if its tight before installing the axel into that part of the transmission... My uncle said they might have been pounding on the axel to get in in the trans and when they were pounding the may have broke the seal.... What do you all think,,,,, also,,, The place that did my axel,,,, I called them up and asked them do they do trans re-pair they said no %26quot;But we referre everyone to ABCDEF Transmission SHOP in ABC City they are the best around %26quot;. So I took it where they referred me to and that referred place said the axel is loose where the axel goes into transmission seal.. What do you think??? Thank you for your help,,, also I have my car at the Axel repair place right now because they are going to re-place my axel or tighten it up it should not be loose one month after installation...
Last month I had my axel replaced on my car, this month I noticed transmission fluid leaking... I changed..?
The one guy is right, all a trans shop wants to do is rebuild your trans! You only need the seal. $8.00 part. I've had a lot of trouble with these replacement axles from mexico lately, and either your seal got messed up on installation, or a burr on the axel tore the seal. I've replaced hundreds of axles and this has only happened one time. Unfortunately, it was my car, but that was the problem. Hope this helps, good luck!
Last month I had my axel replaced on my car, this month I noticed transmission fluid leaking... I changed..?
Now take it to a mechanic instead of a trans shop. It probably needs a new seal and for a couple hundred you can have it done. Get a second opinion from a reputable mechanic. A trans shop will want to rebuild the trans no matter what. There is more money in it for them, and they can guarantee that nothing will be wrong when you get it back.
well more likey dmage was done first by driving it with bad cv joint and not knowing how long you did it and then next woul dbe might or could have done it when replacing it but not as likely more likey just old an dwore out really going to another shop an dhaving just the seal replace an d not the transmission removed most likey just needs a seal replace sure axle could have done it but more likey they just want your money ive replace my axles twice now over 300,000 miles ive yet to replace seal
a car old enough to have these problems might not be worth investing another $1,800 in the tranny. If the value of the car is not at least twice that amount, think seriously about selling to a person who can fix it themselves, and investing the money in a newer car. You can get pretty nice used cars these days for cheap.