Wednesday 21 September 2011

Is it possible for your amniotic fluid to leak for just one day?

im 34 weeks along with my second pregnancy. yesterday i was doing laundry and some heavy cleaning, when 3 different times that day i felt a little trickle of fluid had to change my underwear each time. enough to soak up my underwear. i do sweat a lot during pregnancy and thought possible it could have been that, but i was not sweating anywhere else on my body like normal. i know its not urine cause there was no color nor smell. so i called the docs and they said take a shower (to cool down) then lay on your side for a half hour then see if it happens again. (if so then go to L and B) well it didnt. but i know what i felt. so could it leak for one day then repair itself?





note: with my first i had a Pprom. my water broke completely at 35 weeks, and i had no contractions nor was i dialated. i had to be induced.
Is it possible for your amniotic fluid to leak for just one day?
Always defer to your docs wishes, and it could be a weakening of the membrane allowing fluid to escape. Another possiblility is that it is your own vaginal fluids, too. I had huge increases of lubrication in my last month with all three, some of it like water. You will know if your water breaks, you've been there before, congrats!
Is it possible for your amniotic fluid to leak for just one day?
get the fluid tested if doctor agrees otherwise you may be just losing a bit of urine=common esp in second and onwards pregnancies- even though you dont feel like you are urinating, it happens!
hmm im not sure if its possible.. but i had the same thing happen to me 2 days ago... im 39 weeks with my 3rd boy.. and as i was gettn into the shower i felt a trickle down my leg and when i looked it was a clear cloudy color..so i continued with the shower and phoned my dr rite after and he said to put on a pad and see if it keeps leaking.. if it does then thats my waterbag... so i did that but i wasnt really feelin anything.. i did feel a tiny gush when i went to get up alil while later...but figured it was jus urine...so since then ive jus been feelin wet all the time down there.. its really confusing.. because everyone says if its ur water it will constantly leak... and that u will kno! anyways im sorry i dont have an answer for u.. but i jus wanted to say i had the same thing happen...