Wednesday 21 September 2011

Transmission fluid leaking from the bottom?

I drive a 2007 Toyota Prado (4 cylinder). I went for an oil change 2 days ago and my mechanic added some transmission fluid too saying the levels were low. I have driven approx 400 miles after that and i noticed some oil spots at the back of my truck. When i went under the vehicle i saw that the transmission fluid was leaking. I then checked the levels and found that the fluid level was way above the %26quot;HOT%26quot; indicator on the gauge. Does it mean that the seals have broken due to excess fluid? What further damage can it do to my vehicle and what should i do to prevent it?
Transmission fluid leaking from the bottom?
The next symptom of over pressurized tranny is overheating and then leaks thru the seals. However, I would take the fluid ot its correct level and then observe if it continues to leak. Also note where the leak is coming from, i.e. around the pan or around the shaft or any penetration into the box. The pan is not under pressure so if you see leak around it, you need to change the gasket.
  • daily diet for rabbit
  • traveling with baby
  •