Wednesday 21 September 2011

What is wrong with my brakes?

So, I JUST changed my front brakes because it kept squeaking so I assumed changing it would solve the problem. It has been about a week or so and it's started to squeak again. It doesn't squeak as I drive on the road at a normal/fast speed but only when I'm driving slow...like everytime I'm coming out my parking lot, at a drive thru, parking, etc. My breaks are new and I checked my break fluid to make sure it's full so I don't know what is causing my breaks to squeak?! And it only squeaks occasionally but someone please help me!!
What is wrong with my brakes?
it probably dirt from the caliper or rust if it gets worse check the barrings or cv joints that could make it to. make sure that the squeal pins are not bent and making them squeal already
What is wrong with my brakes?
they broke
It sound as if your rotors and pads are glazed. Unless you had the rotors turned. Some 400 grit sandpaper will return the stopping power and end the squeal. Sand in a circular motion, lightly. All you want to do is scuff up the polish.
there brke
Did you have the rotors turned %26quot;resurfaced%26quot; , before you put on the new ceramic pads. Sounds to me that your rotors are glazed over and the new harder ceramic pads are not seating themselves in. Personally I do not like ceramic pads, they may last longer because they are made from a harder material but they won't stop your car as well.
Remove the pads and apply a little copaslip grease to the REAR of the pads and replace.