Saturday 24 September 2011

What to fix on my car first?

I have a 99' integra with 85k miles on it. I just got the car and i want to make sure its in good mechanical condition. I have to replace the breaks, shocks, motor mount, transmission cable, as well as get an oil change, radiator flush, and transmission fluid change (with new filter)



I just wanted to know what is the most important thing i should fix first. I want to replace the breaks and shocks asap so i dont damage the rotors, but i was curious about everything else.
What to fix on my car first?
Well , I would start with the brakes then transmission cable , oil change , radiator flush , motor mount ,transmission fluid filter change then shocks
What to fix on my car first?
Your on the right track already. You can start with your brakes first followed by a good engine tune-up. This will not cause any problems whichever comes first. Hope this help!
I would check and make sure that the Timing belt has been done, because it's been 11 years and if it's the original belt I would look into having it replaced ASAP. Because when it breaks there's a very good chance that valves will bend which leads to very expensive internal engine damage. Good luck and hope this helps.
you can take it to an auto shop and do a state inspeciton (which you sorta have to anyway before getting it licensed) and they will do an all around inspecton of the car and tell you whats bad and what could be replaced. radiator flushing usually only required if you see discoloration in your coolan t. transmission change would be a good idea considering the 85k miles on it. as for the other things the state inspection should tell you what you should look out for.