Saturday 24 September 2011

Why do my breaks "seize up" and start smoking? I changed the pads and calipers, but it hasn't fixed the prob.?

I recently have been having trouble with my breaks. My car will be fine, then my car will start slowing down and my breaks will smoke badly. I changed the pads, and calipers, i bled them, but nothing is seeming to work. Are my hoses letting fluid in but not out? when we tried adjusting the new calipers we had to open the bleeder valve just to push them back in......please help!!!!!
Why do my breaks %26quot;seize up%26quot; and start smoking? I changed the pads and calipers, but it hasn't fixed the prob.?
Sounds like the lines are colaapsing inside. It's a fairly common problem on some vehicles. It does exactly like you described. Let's the fluid pass one way only. When changing pads, if you let the calipers hang by the house, you can cause damage inside the hose.
Why do my breaks %26quot;seize up%26quot; and start smoking? I changed the pads and calipers, but it hasn't fixed the prob.?
If it is both sides sticking, I would bet master cylinder..

If it is one side sticking, I would say it is a brake hose on that side that has collapsed..



Another possibility, which was a problem my car had when I bought it, was the brake pedal pushrod that pushes into the master cylinder needed to be adjusted so there wasn't constant pressure pushing on the master cylinder
Your master cylinder is worn/clogged and not allowing the fluid to back off from the calipers.
well there is a block in brake line to control flow of fluid which i bet is plugged up look for place where all lones run togther
replace the rubber brake lines. I would almost bet that is your problem.