Saturday 24 September 2011

Is it my waters/amniotic fluid ???? please help !!!!?

im 34 weeks pregnant...



today in work i went to the toilet and noticed my pants were rather wet - and even part of my trousers below were abit damp like it went thru to them aswell



now i dont feel like im leaking, and its not coming out like dripping or anything when i stand up - like you cant c it coming out of me



but thorughout the day obviously it somehow has got rather wet - not like discharge, like water u know...



could it be my amniotic fluid? it doesnt smell like urine as i heard that some women leak urine without noticing



???



but im not having regular contractions or anything ...



answers greatly appreciated !



ive changed my pants and am going ot leave these on for abit and check if these get wet to see if its still happening..



also also do you hav to have dialated for your waters to break ?
Is it my waters/amniotic fluid ???? please help !!!!?
I'm 40 weeks, and two days I thought I was leaking fluid. It was NOT constant, but it would come in spurts throughout the day. I called the hospital, and they said the only way to tell was for me to come in. I went in, and they swabbed my vagina, and shortly I got the results back, which were negative. But if you have any reason to believe you are leaking, you need to go in right away!
Is it my waters/amniotic fluid ???? please help !!!!?
No, you don't need to be dilated for waters to leak - keep an eye on it. If you still leak tomorrow, perhaps give your midwife a call - just for safetys sake. 99:1 its nothing to worry about though.
go see a doctor !

it could be your amniotic fluid its normal around your stage of pregnancy

i had it with my son .only the doc can see if you'v dialated
It could be your amniotic fluid.



Since you are only 34 weeks along, this calls for an immediate visit to your physcian.



All the best.
are you sure its not just urine? if you are i would contact my midwife so you can be checked over to be sure
No, i wasnt dilited when my water broke, and if your pants are rather wet, it might be that, you need to contact you doctor to let them know what you think, if it is your water, they need to get that baby out before there is an infection. DONT WORRY, you are far enough along where your baby will be safe, and if it doesnt smell like urine, then it could be your water breaking. Please dont panik but call your doctor and go from there. Good luck hun!
GET TO HOSPITAL!!!



the doctors will be able to keep a closer eye on you if your waters have gone but also they will be able to tell you for sure if they have..

you will need to go to hospital as there is a risk of infection to the baby..



i hope that this isnt whats happend but it sounds like it has.. good luck hun...
get to the e.r. now!
I suggest you visit your Doctor or contact the hospital which would be more adviseable. If you are leaking amniotic fluid you need to be checked or you could have a dry birth.

Amniotic fluid is not clear fluid it is cloudy.

My water broke and although my baby's head was engaged I had no labour pains. I still went to the hospital, they induced me and my son was born safely later that day.

Please promise to go regardless of what we suggest you do.



Best Wishes.



UK based Mum
you can leak your waters/amniotic fluid and not have had your waters broken properly, or be in labour at all with no contractions,

all you need to do is inform your midwife as they will want to monitor your water levels around the baby and you for infection, they may decide to induce you in a few weeks or just leave you till your waters break properly. my sister in law has just had this happen to her! shes been leaking since 33w5d and her waters have just broke today!
It is very possible that it is amniotic fluid. Occasionally the bag of waters tears at the top of the uterus rather than the bottom, so instead of a gush of fluid, there is more of a trickle. The only way to know for sure whether it is or not is to visit your doctor or midwife and have them check you. It is important to do this soon, because if your water has broken, there is an increased chance of infection and/or bacteria to get to your baby now that this protective bag is ruptured. Don't panic, though. Doctors don't start being concerned about risk to baby until about 48 hours after the water breaks like this. And, yes, it can happen without any contractions or dilation.