Saturday 24 September 2011

I recently started having a weird sound occur when I press on the breaks of my 2003 Hyundai Sonata. Ideas?

I hear a mixture of weird squeeks and mechanical sounds when I press my break coming to a stop. Sometimes they occur stronger than other times. Sometimes they don't occur. The sound stops when I come to a complete stop, and doesn't continue while the car is idling at a stop. It seems to come from the passenger side of the car near the front from the outside. I haven't heard this sound while accelerating as far as I can tell. I thought maybe it was something scraping against my tire but it doesn't seem to be. I got my state inspection and oil changed last week and the sound only began to occur after it. They did add break fluid though... could this have anything to do with it?
I recently started having a weird sound occur when I press on the breaks of my 2003 Hyundai Sonata. Ideas?
Sounds like time for new pads
I recently started having a weird sound occur when I press on the breaks of my 2003 Hyundai Sonata. Ideas?
Brakes. When brake pads or shoes wear they can make such noises.
wear indicator tabs on the pads.



ps--it is spelled BRAKES.
  • vc
  • server
  •